Every year in the Diocese of Down & Dromore we celebrate St Patrick’s Day at Saul Church and Down Cathedral – two places steeped in the history of our patron saint. The 17 March falls on a Saturday this year so this is a special invitation to families to join our annual celebrations at Saul Church but especially at Down Cathedral. There’ll be something for everyone and we’ll learn more about Patrick and how he grew in faith. I hope to see you there!
Down & Dromore
- Holy Communion at Saul at 9.15 am
- Pilgrimage from Saul Church at 10.15 am
- Family Fun at Down Cathedral from 10.30 am
- All–age Festival Service at 11.45
- Holy Communion at Saul at 9.15 am, with preacher Revd Dr Laurence Graham (Methodist President).
- Pilgrimage from Saul to Downpatrick from 10.15 am
- Family Fun at Down Cathedral from 10.30–11.45 am
- Family friendly Festival Service in Down Cathedral at 11.45 am. With our guest speaker, Nick Harding. Traditional music beforehand, Irish dancers, quiet space for young children during the service.
- A wreath is laid at St Patrick’s Grave after the service.
- Free Irish stew lunch in the marquee at 1.15 pm
TRANSPORT TO SAUL
- From 8.00 am private buses will leave from the Mall for the communion service and pilgrimage.
- The last bus for the communion service leaves at 8.45 am
- The last bus for the pilgrimage leaves at 9.45 am
- The last bus from Saul to the Cathedral leaves at 10.40 am